Autodesk Maya

I will be using Maya to help with my time narrative project, and here's some experiments I had done. Also I know Maya for about a year, and its good to go to Maya lessons to get my memories back.

Introduction
This is the Maya program looks like.

I have deploy a cube from create menu, as important 3D shape to model with.

Getting use to moving a cube by X, Y, Z axis, and using the attribute editor to make adjustments. 

Getting to know more about 3D rotational movement.

Getting to know how to change size.

I change the size of the cube into a cuboid.

I been playing around with creating cube's and making it into a city.

Shades and Textures

I been reminding myself and learnt something new about using UV editor to use texture into Maya.

This is a texture I been given during lecture, and I have to upload it into Photoshop, because I have to use exact aspect ratio after do a render photo from maya, and then match it with this texture.

This is a building I modeled from a cube

To get colour or shades for my object, I have to use hypershades to upload and connect the images to objects.  

This the UV editor to match and connect the texture with the building shapes to get a good matching measurements. 

After connecting the texture with a building, and this is the result I been given. It is something new to me that I haven't done before so I would practice more.

Render Test

I know how to use render for a year, and this is the test of how to use render. It is the most important final ingredient to make the next step after Maya.

This is testing screenshot with perspective view and graph.

This is a camera in the far left of the perspective view.  

This the graph of the recording camera movement, and to make adjustment of the camera.

This is the common on render settings, and set the picture files as tiff, and in which it is recommended for doing any render work.

This is the Maya software to make adjustments of the render photos, and I set it to intermediate quality, and using highest quality including 3D blur effects.

This is render image of the shapes I deployed earlier with 3D blur effects.

After I collect all the render shots, and I put them as a image sequence using After effects to make it as stop motion animation. 

This is the final stage of exporting the video from After-effects.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZNWllwkLzRs (Video)



Ball Animation

I will be making ball animation by using a graph, which is interesting because I never use a graph to make an animation, and it will be fun to try out.

I have create it a plane and ball.


This is the screen of a graph editor, the colour lines represents different axis to track speed, and movement and I can mark points on the axis to change paths.



When I move the cursor on the frame editor the ball moves different paths because of the adjustments I made to the graph.


This is the final render animation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RYtjFi_8hAA (Video)



Using Maya to help with Time Narrative Projects

I use Maya to help with making the forest scenery, playground, and making the buildings.

Forest Scenery Design

I first deploy a plane, and subdivide the shape so I can use the vertex tool to make sharp mountains.


Then I smooth the mountains into hills and use the soft modification tool to improve it.


 This is tree number one, and I use shapes like cone and cylinder to make a tree and edited the shape.


This is tree number two, and I use the same way as tree number one.


Building Designs

These are my building designs for the time narrative project, and what I learn't from the hyper shades is I can change materials such as I use phong to make glass effects, and highlighting faces to give different types of materials.

Building 1



Building 2


Building 3


Building 4


Building 5


Building 6


Playground Design

I also been modelling the playground by making separate it objects such as slide, swing and other.

Sand Box - I use Modification Tool to make the sand.


Merry go around - I use the duplicate it tool for the blue poles.


Swings - I use the duplicate it tool for the two swings and the yellow poles to make it like a mirror.


 Seesaw - I use the duplicate it tool to make it.


Slide - I use the duplicate it tool to make the ladder, and use the silver material to make a reflection.


Playground - I combine all the playground equipment together into a set by installing objects and combine them.


No comments: