Blender

I used 3D animation program Blender before, back in my second year of sixth form. However it will be interesting to come back to it, because is has option to set Maya controls on Blender which became very useful to me. Also I know some industries use it such as storyboard artist of Spiderman 2 used it for animatics to demonstrate the storyboard, and my old tudor from sixth form did mention it was also used for Avatar but I can't to seem find the info about it or maybe it was kept secret.


What I like about Blender its little bit more easy than Maya, and the render settings is good because there's is an option to render animation rather than putting as a collection of photo's.


This is the working space of Blender, and it is interesting, that Blender left a cube because all objects are mostly evolved from cubes. The camera, and sun were also provide it as well.

I'm going to study a tutorial from cookie blender of using the wave modifier. First I will get a plane.


Second I go edit mode, and subdividing the objects to get a dense.


Third, I go back to object mode, add modifier, and add wave.


Fourth, this is what it looks like when the plane becomes wavy.


Fifth, playing around with the Wave Modifier settings such as frame coordinates to set wave from crazy to calm.


Sixth, as I remember from Maya about experimenting the bouncing ball, and but now from the tutorial it will explain what happens when the ball make an impact into liquid. Using the wave modifier settings I select start position object to the sphere, when I move the ball the wave impact follows the prediction of landing.


Seventh, I have increase the narrowness, but the problem is the wave becomes more flat sharp. Therefore I have to use subdivision surface modifier to make it nice, and then smooth it again from object tools.   

Eighth, I will be adding textures to the plane to make it as water colour.


Ninth, the problem with the texture, is that the wave does not follow, so I have to back to modifier and turn texture to object, but it will be very small texture inside the sphere. Therefore I would need to set empty mesh to fix the problem. As result the empty becomes as new object to get the waves following.


Tenth, then I go to materiel s and give colours for sphere and plane.


The Render Image.

The Render Animation. However I like to make my own style of a ball dropped and floating then sank. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0yJnLMZvIbo (Video)




No comments: